We all know parenting is hard work. Probably – no, definitely the hardest job you will ever do in your life.
Anything that can make it that teeny bit easier and I’m all for it. This tired mumma needs all the help she can get!
So today I’ve rounded up the top 10 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Small Kids. Some of the hacks are useful, and some are just straight up genius!
If you’re a parent with young kids (I feel you, the struggle is REAL) I hope these hacks will make your days a little smoother.
10 Parenting Hacks for Parents with Small Kids
1. Kids won’t eat their dinner? Play the ‘roll the dice game’. Let them roll the dice so they’re in control of their fate. The dice lands on 2? They have to eat 2 more mouthfuls!
2. Limit strawberry wastage by using a straw to remove the stem.
3. Strap bubble wands to a pole for a spill-free bubble blowing experience. An activity where the kids can have some control and the parents don’t have to be involved. Winning!
4. Use a cut up pool noodle as a door stopper to avoid little fingers getting caught in doors. Also good for sharp edges on furniture.
5. Kids refusing medicine? Try dipping a lollipop in the medicine to mask the taste. Continue dipping until entire dosage has been taken.
6. Catch those sticky ice block drippings with a simple solution. A cupcake liner!
7. A lined cereal container from the dollar shop makes for a great car bin to keep things tidy.
8. Greek Yogurt Drops. A small high protein treat to reward the kids. And they won’t even know it’s good for them!
9. Slippery shoes and slippers no more. Use a hot glue gun to stick glue to the soles for instant DIY non-slip shoes!
10. The secret to getting your kids to sleep? Bananas! They naturally contain Melatonin and Serotonin. Two natural compounds that many people use to fall asleep. And they’re also high in Magnesium, a natural muscle relaxant that has been shown to promote sleep.
Have you got any Parenting Hacks that make your life a little easier? I’d love to hear them!