About Brookie Creative
Brookie Creative was created as a way to fulfil the need within me for a creative outlet and something to call my own. The often mundane, always exhausting routine of being a stay at home mum has highlighted my desire for doing things that I enjoy. Things that recharge my batteries and make me feel ALIVE (after a long day entertaining my extremely energetic kids!) Creative projects refuel me. And when I take the time to do anything creative it makes for a happier mum, which makes for happier kids. And a happier hubby!
Here you will find my rambling thoughts, (sometimes failed) DIY projects, (often failed) recipe’s, home & lifestyle tips, and my personal journey of the hardest job in the world – MOTHERHOOD.
I’m a 30 year old, highly imperfect, messy stay at home mama to two amazing, yet challenging kiddos – a 5 year old boy Dreyson and 3 year old girl Mila. They are the light of my life! I didn’t know I was capable of loving someone so much until they came into my world. (And flipped it on it’s head!)
Dreyson was diagnosed with Autism in 2016. You can read more about our journey with him here.
I’m wifey to Andre, who is originally from Atlanta Georgia, USA, but now calls Sydney Australia home with us, his awesome family of four!
- I love to talk, but can also be very shy
- I often think everyone on the planet has it all together except me
- I’m pretty good at winning competitions (a $3500 coffee machine last year was my best win!)
- I don’t drive – like at all (I know, I know, it’s terrible)
- I don’t have or use Instagram or Twitter
- I don’t eat a lot of meat because I’m a big “textures” person and it just makes me gag
- I secretly love listening to The Beach Boys as it reminds me of my childhood holiday car trips (don’t judge me!)
- I have good manners (thanks mum and dad!)
- While I was in labour, I didn’t make it to the delivery ward in time and gave birth in the hospital foyer (read about it HERE)
For as long as I can remember I have been more interested in creating/craft/design/mess than anything else. It’s part of what makes up who I am. Doing things like baking, decorating and designing makes me feel JOYFUL. And being creative makes me feel more connected to my creator, my God! (Which you can read more about here.)
Just look at this photo of me as a 3 year old. I have the same goofy excited expression there that I have now when I see cake. Nothing’s changed!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂